Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Closures

When my lovely sister left for university in France this September I proceeded to take any clothing from her closet that she left behind. One thing that I found was this great sloppy, gray, mens, Buckler sweater. It was the perfect comfy sweater for a Canadian winter. 
However this sweater had no way of being done up and was designed to be worn open. I don't mind this style at all but since it was a mens sweater its pretty big and felt too sloppy to be worn undown. So I put my thinking cap on and decided that a large safty pin would do the trick. I dug into the back of my closet where my old high school kilt was hiding and proceded to use the kilt pin as the closure to my new sweater. 
I quickly feel in love with this sweater and probably wore it at least twice a week this winter. My favorite part was the kilt pin. It was adjustable and was the perfect functional accessory. Since then I always take notice to the use of safety pins and as it has made its way into fashion trends I decided to collect a couple images of how they have been used.
Me and my Buckler sweater

At the Met gala


Definitely stealing this look <3 it
Images from Style.com and GQ.com

2 comments: