Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Let 'em rip. Sew 'em up, Repeat

For the past two years my favorite jeans have been a pair of black waxed skinny leg Postage jeans. I bought them at Holt Renfrew a couple years back and at the time they were my first black, waxed, skinny jean so at first i was a bit out of  my comfort zone since the trend had yet to fully develop. Anyways being in fashion you tend to only wear black so they started to grow on me and quickly became my favorite jeans. Now a couple months ago i noticed that a little hole was forming due to abrasion so i brought them in to get patched up just to stop the wearing away before it got worse. However the first day wearing them after being patched they RIPPED! I was shocked and heart broken! I toyed with the idea of getting them patched again but when this model i was chatting with backstage at a show the night it happened told me that it was "hot" and to "work it". I realized that she was totally right! Now there is a time and a place, but the rip isnt thaaat offensive, especially when you arnt looking . I did stitch it together a bit but really had me enlightened was this months issue of GQ. There is an article on jeans, and one part of it talks about your favorite jeans getting a rip. They went through the whole tailoring repair of it but the bottom line was that if they are your favorite jeans then embrace the rip and go with it!  There is even a company that buys your ripped jeans and resells them! So today i pulled on my favorite ripped jeans and i felt like i did the first time i wore them.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE RIP
    ITS RAW, BITCHIN' & SUPER HOT!
    rock it girl, with that stud bracelet you are a motorcycle club.

    Be Mine,
    warriorlike.tumblr.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete