Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2011

1 4 U .2 4 ME.

I confess this has been the longest I have gone without blogging since I started up Colle Luci. I feel awful but the end of this semester was jam packed of work, work, events, work, and more work. Haha anyways I am done school for summer so I can get back to my regular blogging. To bring you up to date with what has gone on in the past couple of weeks here are some highlights...

I attend the much anticipated Zenith + Nadir Mass Exodus 2011. This was a wonderfully put together show! I knew all the girls that were involved in the production and I was so impressed and proud to be surrounded with such talented people. I do want to note that the Theater School does have a very important role with Mass Ex as well. I feel that they tend to get pushed aside when it comes to the praise given to the show. I dont know the extend of their work but I do know that they build the sets and that they are a very important part of the show.
In terms of the clothing in the show. Ill be honest, I was not blown away by anything. I did however take notes during the show ( which is important since there were around 60 different collections its impossible to remember haha) and I have my top favorites and the notes I was able to jot down.
(In order of their appearance and totally random notes)
1. Eric Tong-PVC
2.Jimin Lee- Cool bracelets
3.Nuisha Amiri- Orange and Camel <3
4.John Hillifer
5.Dane Junkin- sexy pink & gray. White with back pocket
6.Tammy Chan- sexy leather cape
7.Aarzoo Singh- Great shoulders!
8.Brittany Mannetje- Nice Winter outerwear
9.Kathryn Bennett- Theatrical, Sherlock Holmes
10.Joshua Williams
11.Mikhail Moudrakovshi- great drape
12. Pamela Card- Leather vest!!!!
13.Paula Suehiro- Fun swimwear, cute colours, great robes!
14.Valerie Crisp- Nice gray number
15.Celine Gasper
16.Katerina Hernandez- Cool lining exposed
17.Lisa Avola-neat textiles, cool prints
18.Kyla Atlas- Cool accessories, feather head piece
19. Aicha Wali- pleated sleeve!
20.Moiya Thai- Architectural, pants, sexy dress

April 13th was the fashion show for my evening wear dress. The show was called Wanderlust and it was held at the Arcadian Court. It was a lovely event and was great to see all my class mates out of our usual studio attire. It showcased the evening wear dresses as well as the menswear collections. To be honest I have a hard time describing how I really felt about the event and about my dress. Anyways ill leave you with some of my favorite outfits from the mens collections.






















Two days after my first fashion show I had my first art exhibition. This event was called Ecdysis.  It was an exhibition of the final assignment of Ryerson University's School of Fashion Advanced Illustration class. I was surprisingly happy with my work and it was quite a lovely and impressive event. These are images of my piece and two of my friends. All photos are from http://intimacii.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/ecdysis/




No comments:

Post a Comment