Pages

Thursday 24 February 2011

FOOD photography

Over the past couple of months I have started to notice that i take A LOT of pictures of food. I find this sort of bizarre as it is really seemed to come out of the blue. It is certainly not anything past a hobby, nor am I really a "foodie" but i find for the most part its the composition, the lighting, texture and the colour that catches my attention. Its does relate back to fashion in a way though. I have this wonderful App on my phone called Color Capture by Benjamin Moore, and how it works is that i can take a picture of something then put it into this app and it will give me the code for the colour i have captured. It is possible that subconsciously these images are giving me colour inspiration for my designs. Who knows but i love it so here are some of my favorites from the past 6 months ...

 Home made apple cinnamon muffins

From the wonderful Nadege!
If you havnt been you MUST go.
http://nadege-patisserie.com


The making of the Colucci home made Candy Cane ice cream

Cookies i made that look cooler then they tasted.


The serving of the Candy Cane icecream

Chocolate apply cake



Panforte

Fruit salad with Tahini



Spinach with garlic and ginger shrimp


Coos Coos, tofu, red pepper

Snacks for school


 
Duck
The images below are of place settings which have been a branch of this new love of photographing my food. I love a nicely presented place settings. Presentation in life is key.Its really important to make everything look its very best.

My favorite thing about the weekend... eating my breakfast reading the Style section of the Globe and Mail. <3



Back at Nadege!

One of my favorites!



Lunch at the Drake Hotel. Favorite food by day. Favorite bar by night. I just adore The Drake.


Home made chilly and corn bread for Superbowl 11

No comments:

Post a Comment